Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Long journey

Ming says: I am a lot more closer to my dream now. *smile*

It's 5:29 a.m. right now. Shoot. My eyes just don't want to shut, physically it's darn tired. Nevermind, I will use this time to post up some pictures.

Warning: The pictures below are quite blury. Not good in taking pictures I admit. But better than none rite? I will not post up the pictures I took with my family at the Penang Airport as I don't look good in the picture. =_="

Depart from Penang at 9:00pm. SIA. Vegetarian-curry-kinda twister look of food was provided.

Reach Changi Airport one hour plus later. Panic at first as I couldn't find my next flight number on screen. Later realised that it was on the other terminal. =_="

That's my flight!

Found a place to get a frappucino (I need it as I was damn sleepy), they provide internet service which will not disconnect you for every 15 minutes unlike the internet service that provided by the airport. So I ordered Low Carb Mocha Frap. Crap. Taste Yucks.



That's the place I hang out the most during the long night.

Ted suggested it's a good idea to explore around the airport. So I decided to walk back to the other terminal. It's pretty far but travellator all the way, so it's totally fine. Most of the shops were closed by then around 3am. Went into a bookshop for 1 and plus hour, but just couldn't get one that I like.


The travellator.

After 9 hours of waiting, finally it's boarding time. Tight security in Singapore airport. I had to take off my sweater, shoes, belt, watch. I had to take out laptop, camera, mp3 player from the backpack and on the power and showed it to them. I had to show them my I-20 to let them know I'm a student. Standard procedures in Japan, Chicago, and Minneapolis Airport, too. Going to America can be very troublesome sometimes.

Fly with United Airlines from Singapore to Japan. An uncle, business man was sitting beside me. He either slept or watched movie beside me and laughed loudly. =_=" We were provided food like Omelette with spinach inside, a mini-mini sausage, fruits and bread. The next round was sandwiches and grapes. The uncle beside me drank Bloody Marry early in the morning. Ha! =p
Reached Narita airport 6 hours later. A lot of Japanese around. They are all majority good looking. =p I have 3 hours to kill in Narita. Went to Fa-La-So (duty free shop) to get 2 boxes of Japanese rice cake and green tea cheese cake for friends in Bemidji.

One box is 500 Yen each. It's considered as a good deal in Japan I guess.


The Fa-La-So.

Before went on board at Narita. That's my flight! Actually the sky is very pretty, I just don't know how to take a good picture with a glass window blocking. Grrr.

Continued with another long flight. This time was 11 hours. Food that I had:

  • First round - American pretzels with milk from Hokkaido, taste really really nice; as good as the one that I drank in KK, Sabah the other time.
  • Second round - Beef with potato, salad, hot bun, cheese cake.
  • Third round - Haha! They know I miss the cup noodles time with Pam, so they got us instant cup noodles plus a banana (damn big one) and a lemon cookie.
  • Forth round - Pasta with bacon, fruits and a hot bun. Of cos with unlimited drinks provided too.

I see students around asking for beer, vodka, wine. I didn't. At first I thought I wanna get redwine to keep my body warm, but later I chose green tea. So all the while I had milk, green tea, orange juice, apple juice and a lot of glasses of plain water. Although it may seemed that a lot of foods were provided, you still get hungry easily even without moving much, I don't know why cos I don't know why. =p But everytime the food came, I didn't finish it. I was hungry but my stomach didn't worked well. It filled with air inside. =_=" So I slept most of the time. =p When I was awake it was approaching Chicago already. Yay! Finally! I saw snow from the plane. Got so excited. Cos this is like the first time in my life. Ohare Airport is darn big! Tight security of cos, I claimed my luggages and went through the custom, they didn't request to open my baggage. Luckily. Phew~ Then I re-checked in my luggages, ma-fan-dou-sei. haih. Then another 4 hours to rest in airport, where I started to see a lot of guai-lou around. People around are all so friendly, from Singapore to Japan to Chicago to Minneapolis. I am amazed by them. Malaysians really gotta catch up a bit. =)

Outside of the sky train.

Flight delayed in Chicago due to bad weather. It only took about 1 hour plus to fly from Chicago to Minneapolis. When I went to claim my baggage I realised that one of them is missing. =( File a report and all the procedures. Called my hotel and they get someone to airport to fetch me. Freaking cold outside as I don't have any winter clothes with me. I only had this poor sweater and a longjohn inside. When I found that I lost my luggage I really had the feeling of going home, why on earth this has to happen to me. Grr. Nvm, stay calm I told myself. Forget about that. I will be staying here in Minneapolis for these 2 days and then only I will go to Bemidji. Tomorrow I need to go get a winter jacket, that's something really important. Haha.


A look from the window oh my room. Yes it's blur. I know!


My bed. King size. With my tortoise and laptop on it. =p

Was talking to mom on the phone through Msn just now. She was crying and all that. Very dramatic. I know it's becos she is worried about me. But I really can take care of myself la. =)

Well, it's 6:18am rite now. Time to go to bed.

I miss home. Miss my family. Miss dad, mom, brother, sisters. Miss you dear. Miss my baby poodle.

I miss you too if you're reading this post.

Greetings from Minneapolis with Love,
Ming

2 comments:

=) said...

tipu 1...i'm reading this but u dare to say u miss me meh....tipu 1....

eh maybe ur camera doesnt have the weather proof technology. So u need to keep it warm at all times. place it in pocket, don't always take it out from ur pocket when u r in outdoors...

good luck and enjoy

this year's winter is very very very extremely good already compared to the previous 2 years

ming said...

Thank You!

Who say I dun miss you. +_+" how u know woe.. =p

haiya. Its still pretty cold to me. but after some times i think actually its not dat bad...=p