Thursday, July 03, 2008

So..let's talk about iPhone today

So, so, so, so, so, so, so, people has been asking me to help them to buy iPhone and bring it back to M'sia for them. I couldn't do anything but to say NO. Before you guys think that I am being selfish/proud/arrogant/cocky or whatever you want to call me, please listen to my reasons first.

So, I went to Apple Store the other day to check out the new iPhone 3G. At the starting price of $199, who will say NO to the new apple 3G iPhone? So I wanted to buy one for my brother (it's more like I get the new one and I will give him my old iPhone. I am a very kind sister.)

So, I talked to one of the sales person. I told her how much I ADORE the new iPhone, and I don't like my old iPhone anymore, because it is not in black or white color like the new 3G iPhone. I told her I am on AT&T line contract right now and I have one more year of contract to go. So I asked her if I wanted to buy a new 3G iPhone do I have to sign any new contract. Without thinking for another second,the girl replied me "NO". She started to explain "yi li ya lada lailialalelelele yi ya la".

Such a bummer.

Steve Jobs thought he was very smart but I think he is damn stupid and if he is not interested in selling people his iPhone he should just never released the iPhone at all. =_+

AT&T is even more stupid. I paid so much every month that you do not even want to know.

So, I was disappointed at the moment the sales lady told me NO NO NO NO. I wasn't interested to listen to her at all and came back home to do research on the 3G iPhone on my own. HMM!!!

Let me explain to you guys why I can't help you to get even ONE new 3G iPhone.

  • The $199 price for 8G 3G iPhone and $299 for 16G 3G iPhone, they are only eligible for current iPhone users/ subscribers, and it requires NEW 2-year contract.
  • It means people like me who already done with one year contract, I still need to renew 2-year contract with AT&T if I want to buy the new 3G iPhone.
So, now your question must be, how if I am not an old iPhone user or not an AT&T customer or even an AT&T customer but do not have an iPhone?
  • The answer is, you can get the new 3G iPhone at $399 for 8G and $499 for 16G, plus 2-year contract with AT&T, and also a bunch of activation fees.
  • So now you must be thinking AT&T is such an.......erm........you fill the blank for me. =_+
So, now your next question must be, will they ever released 3G iPhone without any contract.
  • The answer is, the rumour said in the future the new 3G iphone will be sold at $599 for 8G and $699 for 16G.
So, now your next question must be, "so Ming what's the big deal, just sign another 2-year contract with the stupid AT&T".... My answer to that is:

  • I do not know how long am I going to stay in the US, and truthfully AT&T is very pricey compared to other phone carrier (the line is very strong though).
  • Besides, WeeJian registered it as a family plan last year, so the account is under his name, and I can't just renew the contract whenever I want, moreover he is in Malaysia right now.
So, now your next question must be... "just buy the phone online and wait for the hacker to come out the software of unlocking the phone...duh"... My answer to that is:

  • Steve Jobs and AT&T are not that stupid afterall. Consumer is no longer get to buy any iPhone from Apple Online Store.
  • You have to walk in to Apple Store or AT&T store to sign the stupid new contract with them before you can bring your new 3G iPhone home, you no longer can do the online registration at home.
  • How sad it is huh.
All in all, I am still glad that I have my old iPhone with me.

I love my iPhone.

To read more about this, go to HERE.

6 comments:

JYJL said...

Honestly, I feel you lar ming. Is either Apple is too complicating the process in selling their device or the ppl is not well-inform enuf. Not ur false. That's why I didn't knock ur door for help. Apple is getting my nerve with their weird business practice.

My only bet is either paying 599usd, or getting one from spgr. Yet it is still need the hacker to crank their head for us hopeless sheep outside US. They concern if the 3G chipset might play tricks in locking the device. So far 2.0 has been hacked. Still hopeful.

My belly belly last option would be getting the ver 1 I don't mind. It's still belly belly nice :)

ming said...

Looong Kooooorr!! you are back!

yah man! you feel me. =p Hey did I tell you I unlock my phone? ahh..it;svery very very very nice to use after I unlocked it. =pbut mine is still 1.14 version la. =p

you should try to get it from m'sia the old version one. =p

Jamie said...

ah. i just saved USD$50....lol...
when r u coming back?

JYJL said...

I'm seriously hunting one now hahaha~! I actually compare the 3G vs ver 1. The hardware different is mainly 3G. Is like a light bulb moment. I won't use 3G actually. So getting the ver 1 is much better choice now. Easy to hack!

Aiya Ming, when 2.0 is available. You'll be able to update la.

ming said...

Jamie: No!! You should save $75!! remember?? you raised the price!! =p

JYJL: Loong kor!! =p ya...the sales girl told me the only thing different is the 3G one is faster. else from that everything is the same. But i still like the white or black one. slimmer!!! =p

Anonymous said...

THIS ITEMS ARE FOR SALES AND THEY ARE BRAND NEW, UNLOCKED WITH ALL THE COMPLETE ACCESSORIES IN THE ORIGINAL BOX, INTERESTED BUYER SHOULD CONTACT US THROUGH EMAIL AT: m_links@live.com

3G iPhone for $300usd
HTC Touch Pro for $400usd
NOKIA N96 16GB for $450usd
HTC Touch Diamond for $350usd
Samsung i900 Omnia for $400usd
Samsung i8510 INNOV8 for $400usd
Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1 for $330usd

iPhone 3G Specs:

UMTS/HSDPA (850, 1900, 2100 MHz)
GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
Wi-Fi (802.11b/g)
Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR
Height: 4.5 inches (115.5 mm)
Width: 2.4 inches (62.1 mm)
Depth: 0.48 inch (12.3 mm)
Weight: 4.7 ounces (133 grams)
Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery3
Charging via USB to computer system or power adapter
Talk time:4
Up to 5 hours on 3G
Up to 10 hours on 2G
Standby time: Up to 300 hours5
Internet use:
Up to 5 hours on 3G6
Up to 6 hours on Wi-Fi7
Video playback: Up to 7 hours8
Audio playback: Up to 24 hours9
2.0 megapixels

Item in the box:
iPhone 3G
Stereo Headset with mic
Dock Connector to USB Cable
USB Power Adapter
Documentation
Cleaning/polishing cloth
SIM eject tool

EMAIL US IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BUYING.
CONTACT EMAIL: m_links@live.com

We offer prompt shipping from our Store, The product will arrive at your destination within 2 Days Via UPS Courier Services.

THANKS.