Friday, July 11, 2008

Our Song(s)

These are our songs.

***1***

Ever since you sang this song to me at the beach, it stuck in my heart and mind, forever.

Terimalah lagu ku jadi teman hidup mu
Untuk selamanya
Kau tahu bertapa ku sayang padamu
Hanya bidadari sebagai ganti
Hanya takdir
Menentukan ia
Oh belaian jiwa
No matter where we are, how far we are apart, we will always have the special place in each other heart.

***2***

I am trying to choose between a few songs, Yellow by Cold Play, If you're gone by MatchBox20, in the end I chose Menghitung Hari by Kris Dayanti. Remember those days that we stayed up late chatting in ICQ, or woke up early in the morning to study for SPM, turned on the radio before getting ready to go to school, and this song will always be playing on air on Hitz Fm.


Menghitung hari
Detik demi detik
Masa ku nanti apa kan ada
Jalan cerita kisah yang panjang
Menghitung hari...
I am menghitung hari to the day I will be finally seeing you again. I can't wait for the day to come, like you said, we have a lot of catch up to do!

***3***

Each time I listen to JackJohnson, I think of you. I remember it was one of the Summer when you got back from the States and every time we went out, you played JackJohnson Cd in your car. No doubt about it, I love JackJohnson, and it definitely surprised me that we enjoy listening to the same genre of songs. Ahh, that's not important. But I chose Where We Gonna Go from Here by Mat Kearney for our song.



All of your ways and all your thunder
Got me in a haze running for cover
Where we gonna go from here
Where we gonna go from here

Car lights in the driveway
I wonder who's going coming my way
Tomorrow we're turning down the highway
With another bright stage on a weekday
Green grass and a radio
Watching it fly past and away we go
Seven hundred places seven hundred faces more

We were so into this song, and it was on our play list playing over and over again. During that time, we were so uncertain about our future. You couldn't make up your mind on your decision on coming back to the states while I was involving in a relationship that I did not know where I wanted to head to. Our lives were a little bit, hmm, miserable. I miss you friend, I will be there soon!

***4***

When I thought of including you in this post, I was wondering will you ever realized this part is for you. Aiya, nvm la. As long as I know, that's good enough. I don't know whether we are close enough for me even to say this, but I have to tell you, when I need someone to talk to, you never failed to give me the positive boost. Until there was one period, you were missing in action, I did not know where were you, you were totally disappeared.

When I listen to Fall for You by Secondhand Serenade I think of you.


I swear it's true
Because a guy like you is impossible to find
It's impossible
I changed the lyrics a little bit. Yes, it's true. A guy like you is impossible to find. One day, a girl will fall for you, over and over again. I don't understand I have a lot of boy's friends who have good qualitieSSS like you but never have enough confidence in themselves. =_+ Boy, secondhand serenade is so good looking. I am looking forward to see you this trip back to M'sia. Hoping that you will serenade me with your voice. LOL.

***5***

My neighbor!! Our songs.... probably a lot from boys group...boy that was so long ago, since I was in Form2 or 3?? Omg...Nvm.. I chose Kenangan Terindah by Samson. The song you wanted me to sing for you. Haaa....

Kan kujadikan kau kenangan
Yang terindah dalam hidupku
You never failed to call me at the right time, when I needed someone the most, when I thought it's the end of the world, you never failed to make me smile. I love you big time my neighbor! I will sing you this song, when you get married one day. lol. Anyway, you will 'jadi kenangan yang terindah dalam hidupku'. Ok, this is your birthday gift. lol.

***6***

We have so many "our songs" I didn;t even know which one to choose!! I will go with You'll think of Me by Keith Urban first.



Take your records, take your freedom
Take your memories I don't need 'em
Take your space and take your reasons
But you'll think of me

We were heartbroken because of our boys. We wished that they will take away all the memories (bad ones) and think of us at the same time. But we failed big time (sometimes la), we thought of them badly instead.

Another song... Home by Michael Buble.


May be surrounded by
A million people I
Still feel all alone
I just wanna go home
Oh, I miss you, you know

I miss you babe. I miss the midnight curry beehoon. I miss the midnight roti telur & maggiee goreng. I miss friendster-ing together. I miss doodle-ing and post them on your door. I miss million things about you, and us. I will be home soon, love you ela-21.

***7***

I was sad that we don't have a song until I listen to this song, OurSong by Taylor Swift. It reminded me that we actually share million songs, just that we don't have one significant song. Who to blame when we only see each other for 2 days when we have been together for 87739273 days now.



Our song is the slamming screen door,
Sneakin' out late, tapping on your window
When we're on the phone and you talk real slow
Cause it's late and your mama don't know
Our song is the way you laugh
The first date "man, I didn't kiss her, and I should have"
And when I got home ... before I said amen
Asking God if he could play it again


This song totally says what I want to say. Remember those nights sneaking out late and Pam got mad bout it. LOL. Remember those nights spending together in KK. Remember...hmm..that's too much to write it here. One thing I know for sure that, this trip back to M'sia, we will have our song. <3

3 comments:

Pam Song said...

iNg17,

Me misses you, too... =( Quickly come back.

GiGling Guru said...

what about our song??

:D

ming said...

Pam: i am coming back, very sooooon!! be patient girl. =p

Jon: u know what. our song is.... ABC song..=p if i had to pick one..i will pick... dont speak by no doubt. =p