Tuesday, June 03, 2008

grandma

Mom called this morning, and I heard sobbing voice from mummy. That moment I know, uh-oh, it's not good. Mummy said grandma has been really sick, grandma is on the stage where she could no longer speak nor eat.

I often do not know how to react to news like this.

Remember few years back, my another grandma was diagnosed with the last stage of cancer and she passed away within that month. When I was riding on a bus to go back to Penang from KL, hoping to see my grandma for the last time, mom called and said grandma has already passed away. That moment, I did not know what to do but to lay on his shoulder and started to cry.

This morning when mummy told me about the news of the other grandma, I did not know how to keep my mom comfort but to tell her everything gonna be alright.

Since young, grandma has been the superwoman in my heart. She is so strong that no one could ever imagined. As grandpa passed away at such a young age, she has to take care of 7 children and also the family business. I still remember looking at grandma and admiring her the way she drives the giant truck (it has like 20 wheels, I am so freaking serious about this) at such an old age. Taking care of a big family is always not easy, as much as the amount of different opinions exist in the house, grandma never seemed to be unfair to any child of her or even her grandchildren (like 28 of them and also 5 or more great grandchildren =_+).

Back in the time when I was in grade 3 during primary school, grandma was so sick that she had to go through this major brain surgery in Bangkok. The sickness was so serious that the doctors in Malaysia convinced the family that it has very very very little chances of surviving. Family decided to send grandma to Bangkok, and with the Grace from God grandma survived through the surgery! It's definitely a rare success case!

But, after the surgery grandma could no longer act or talk like a normal adult, she was like a kid that needs 24 hours attention. Grandma never seemed to give up and she got better and better in just a short period. The thing that makes my heartache is every time when I look at grandma she has to swallow like 20 pills at each meal. =_+

Grandma's birthday..Few years back... grandma with some of her grandchildren (which including me in the picture!)

13 years after the surgery, grandma started to fall sick again. This time is the old people sickness. Mummy said grandma is trying to survive through as many days as she can.

I don't know what I can do. =_+

But, at least the minor thing that I can only do is to keep grandma in prayer.

No comments: