Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Los Angeles - the city of Angels

So I did not waited stupidly in LAX for my connecting flight to Seattle... I went out from the airport and rented a room in a motel and joined a night city tour in LA. (FYI it was a 20 hours gap before my next flight.)

LA from above.

This is the best shot I can get for the LA downtown. =_+ Me sucky. The tour guide was driving so fast ok!! I even missed the Hollywood board sign!!!!!!!

I am going to Holllllllywood!

This is a cute name for a road.

Universal Studiooooooo~

I did not go into the theme park as I was on the tour with this travel agency. But it was more than enough. =)

The Universal City.. the City Walk.

King Kong is the man!

This is guy is so good in spraying art!

City Loft where the clubs and pubs at.

Dodgers fans anyone?

The popcorns smell good!


This is for me. lol

And this is for you!

Me with the doughnuts magnets. I miss Krispy Kreme!

The socks market. =_+

My favorites of all.

Some performance la. lousy audience.

In a Candy shop - It'Sugar. We're ballsy. lol

Marilyn Monroe made from JellyBeans.

The chocolate store.

looks yummy!

BUT.. Jalapeno dipped in Chocolate????

Chocolate in chunks!

They are all mine!

I took this with iPhone!! =p

So that's all about the universal studio. The next stop was Hollywood downtown. And it was when my camera chose to die on me! I did not charge my camera since I left for M'sia as all my friends have camera. =_+ Sigh..and iPhone doesn't work at night one! no flash!!

I was all happy even when people tried to kill me. Beware of all the dressed up people in Hollywood (those in costume). If you take picture with them you are expected to pay them tips!!


The Mann's Chinese Theatre.. it's the plave where the footprints and handprints of your favorite movie legends.

eat that American. it's Chinese territory! lol

The walk of fame...Godzilla! Michael jackson one was so dirty.

hand and footprints!

The Kodak Theatre... the home of the Oscars!

The stairs to the theatre.

Giordano store in the Kodak Theatre. But they do sell brands like Ed Hardy too!

I love the Departed!

The ROosevelt Hotel. The first Academy Award was held there... The HBO Entourage was filmed there too, and also a lot more movies like Charlie's Angels...

The next stop was Sunset strip. We walked a long the sunset boulevard. They call it the playground of the stars where you can see the chic and trendy shops and restaurants. No picture. =_+

Then we went to Beverly Hills..the home of the rich and famous. Ahh. they were all pretty. Coulnd't really have a clear look at it was dark at night. Then we passed by Rodeo Drive.

Rodeo Drive where the stars shop in many exclusives boutiques like Giorgio Armani, Gucci, Chanel, LV, Jimmy Choo and more. In fact, Vivian Ward from the PrettyWoman movie shopped at here too!

A few of the shops. It's very pretty and clean!!

Regent Beverly Wilshire.. where Julia Roberts get to enjoy the high-life. =p

After that the tour guide brought us to Olvera Street, the place where Los Angeles was born in 1781. It's actually a very small downtown of old LA. You can google for the picture. =p

The last stop was the LA downtown. We get to see the Music center where the Broadway meets LA...then the Walt Disney Cocert Hall. It is huge and pretty!!!

However... I do not have good impression on LA. I don't know. I think it's too big and too many cars. It's different from New York where everything is located near to each other, while in LA everything is scattered around.

Anyway.. I made a new friend during this short trip!

She is Eli from Norway! She came up to me and asked whether I wanted to walk together with her. =p Eli was having a long wait in the airport for her connecting flight to Brazil, that's why she joined the tour too! =p What can I say, she is a really nice person!

No comments: