Monday, April 14, 2008

pre-graduation

Seeing the air ticket to fly back to Bemidji is increasing bit by bits each day, I am started to think should I really pay that much to go back just for the graduation.

I feel that it is rather meaningless to go back anymore. My family will not be there, my brother that once promised me to come also not coming!! I have been to a few of my close friends' graduation, it makes you feel darn jealous seeing their families are there for them, receiving tones of flowers and teddy bears. Honestly, who cares about the flowers and the bears? What I want is someone close to me to be with me on that day. To some of you it may just another day to celebrate, but to me it's kinda important becauseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... you just have no idea how much I have worked hard and paid off just to come to this so-called the land of freedom.

At first I thought of calling WeiYong to come since he is in Wisconsin now for training, but oh well, he is flying back to Malaysia in like 3 days?? I know I can call Ted as he is pretty near to Minnesota, but he also has to attend his dear sherlyn's graduation. Then I thought of Wynx, but sigh he is so far away living in the miserable land of Tennessee. If only WeeJian is here. If only. If only you would come. =(

It's on May 16th, and it's already April 14th now. Air ticket to fly back to Bemidji is 555 dollars (by adding another 200++ I can fly back to Malaysia or Europe). If I fly to Minneapolis it will cost me 300 dollars. BUT, I need to rent a car (probably 200 for 3 days as I am holding international driving license and I am under 25) + petrol (60 for return)+ 10 hours for a return trip (priceless, my time is gold) + driving alone is sucks. The total is around 600 dollars. WTH rite? But again, I do not mind paying for it if only someone is there to do road trip with me and that someone must be someone special to me. =_+

So how now brown cow?? A part of me telling me just goooooo but a part of me telling me just stay. And I am damn cheapo lo. I told my supervisor I am not taking any vacation leaves, so no matter what she has to try to fit me into 40 hours of work in 4 days or maybe 3 days.

Haih. enough said. I don't know my decision and don't ask me anything unless you can come up with a brilliant idea for me. thank you very much.

1 comment:

Chloe Tan Mei Ling said...

i would come for your graduation as much as i like but now it doesn't seems to work bcoz first of all, i am not the improtant person, secondly, i am still not the important person and thirdly, same as the first and second. (nonsense lah i know)...

i am totally understand how you feel and how much you wish your family would be here for your graduation. Im sorry, i couldn't help much.Anyway i really hope you can come back for your commencement since you huv been waiting so long for this day to come.