Saturday, August 04, 2007

Kristina

I first met her at the mini sales school in Indiana during Spring break. My first impression of her was errrrr nothing special. During the mini sales school we had to remember everyone's name and a little bit information of theirs to win a prize. She has this super long name: Kristina Antonnett Mariswamy. I hope I spelt it correctly. She came from University of the Ozarks, in Arkansas. No one knows where is that, nevermind, cos not many people know where is Bemidji State University as well. She is communication major, speaks really fast, very smart, that's why she got a full scholarship to study in the Ozarks. Oh yeah, she is from mainland of Penang, that's the only thing that I like about her. =p

When Ramesh our boss announced the place we gonna work at and also the people that we gonna stay with, I almost fainted when I heard he said Kristina. How can he placed 2 Penang people together. I was disappointed. =p I have heard about how good her driving skills, and it was true! The first night when we all drove from Mississippi to Georgia, she decided to leave all of us and made her own road trip to downtown Atlanta. After about 2 hours of sight seeing in down town Atlanta she decided not to play hide and seek anymore, and that was also the time she decided to let our student manager to lead her back to home.

During the first week of our summer job, I was very semangat. On the other hand, our miss Kristina was very, erm, not having too much faith on this job I would say. She made complains about everything and anything that she can think of. She cried when my manager made her drive at night. She shouted when she saw dogs; that's how she scared the dogs away. After our manager gave her a long lecture about this job, and what's the advantages she has compared to other rookies like me, she started to take this job 'seriously' and she began to perform really good. She is too good and she left me far far far far far far behind!

After one week of being her roommate, I learned that she is super organize! It amazed me. Her driving skills made me wonder is she really penangite. But after that I also learned whats the reason behind her driving skill then ok la I forgive her. =p
During these 2 months plus, I certainly enjoyed being her roommate, especially after we both moved into the same room. I love her even more when she introduced me to Dustin, and even even more when she made more sales than me so she gave me a chance to take a picture with my Canadian neighbor. She said she learned a lot from me during this period, like she is now a more 'organize-neat-tidy' kinda person, and also listen to more Christian songs and also read more Bible. Actually, you know what Kristina, I learned more from you, for example: well, I cant think of one right now. =) lol.

When you leave, I will surely miss you. I will miss the days when you cry because you have bad day. I will miss the days when you smile and laugh because knowing I am there for you. haha. I will miss the days when you say how good my cooking is. I will miss the days when you say you wanna be more organize like me. I will miss the days when you share all your Joneses' stories with me. I will miss the days when we bully our manager. I will miss the days when you ask me to wake up and go to bathroom first.

The "leading up to the crucification of Martin Luther King" was a good one, I can't blame you, everyone makes mistakes. lol. Argh, when you're gone, no one will says " Ming, I want the fried eggplant". When you're gone, no one will tells me I can actually cook better curry than some Indians. When you're gone, I have no one to share how disappointed my day is. When you're gone, I have no one to share about our good looking neighbor. When you're gone, I barely have a chance to talk to Dustin. hahaha. And when you're gone, no one will appreciates your perasan-ness as much as I will.

I am disappointed at myself for not able to make it to president club together with you. There's always another chance. Next year, maybe. =)

I love you Tina. You've been a great one. =)

Well, I know you will miss me. I know you will miss my smile. I know you will miss my foot. Oops. Food I mean.

Last but not least,
Kristina, It's fun and addictive la!! lol.

No comments: